Linear Algebra and Regression
For this week the lecture slides are available here.
There is a YouTube video available of me giving this material at the Gaussian Process Road Show in Uganda.
You will need to watch this in HD to make the maths clearer.
Linear regression with numpy and Python.
The notebook for the lab class can be downloaded from here.
To obtain the lab class in ipython notebook, first open the ipython notebook. Then paste the following code into the ipython notebook
import urllib urllib.urlretrieve('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lawrennd/mlai2014/master/week3.ipynb', 'week3.ipynb')
You should now be able to find the lab class by clicking
the ipython notebook menu.
- Reading (Regression)
- Sections 1.1-1.3 of Rogers and Girolami.
- Section 1.2.5 of Bishop up to Eq 1.65.
- Section 1.1 of Bishop.
- Reading (Linear Algebra, Matrix and Vector Review)
- Section 1.3 of Rogers and Girolami.
- Linear Algebra Guide
- Reading (Basis Functions)
- Chapter 1, pg 1-6 of Bishop.
- Section 1.4 of Rogers and Girolami.
- Chapter 3, Section 3.1 of Bishop up to pg 143.